Everybody knows that Windows XP does not allow multiple sessions/connections with remote desktop.
This behaviour is decided cause of EULA (only one user can login), but in Windows XP SP2 Beta this restrictions was removed.
It's possible to re-enable this feature:
- Download termserv.zip and unzip where you want.
- Start windows in safe mode
- Copy termserv.dll from unzipped directory into %windir%\system32 and %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386. Rename the original termserv.dll into termserv.old from dllcache (%windir%\system32\dllcache)
- Enable Fast User Switching from Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way users log on or off and enable Fast User Switching.
- Insert reg "Concurrent Connections SP2.reg" from directory where you unzipped termserv.zip. If you want to do registry modification by hand, go to start > run > regedit
Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core
Change EnableConcurrentSessions value to "1". If does not exist, create a dword key with this name and set it to "1".
- Open Group Policy Editor (start > run > gpedit.msc). Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Terminal Services and change value "Limit Number of Connections" with a number you want. This value set number of concourrent connections via rdp.
- Restart Windows normally and test.